- it was really nice of karen to give all of us granola
- “it produces a different kind of intellectual subjectivity for you guys”
- it really is 20 years. “wastefully” is such a complicated word. promises fulfilled.
- in other words, to quote deleuze: “to the extent that events are actualized in us, they wait for us and invite us in. they signal us: ‘my wound existed before me, i was born to embody it.’”
- (i never actually thought i was getting out of here without staying in a psych ward or having crazy writer boyfriends.)
- do i need to make a spotify mix?
- if i didn’t care about having kids i would never second-guess anything, honestly, everything would be perfect.
- why did i private that thing mikki said after posting it? i am unprivating it.
- that thing about academics being bad writers is a lie. most of the most beautiful writers i know are in my program.
- is it okay to study for exams by reading through your tumblr a few times because you just can’t bear anything else? also is anything funnier than everyone in our department being “all like a theoretical disagreement away from mass murder, let’s be real”? i mean everyone really has been very generous with me but also.
- the line “i have to say…it’s his own words and actions that incriminate him” is hilarious.
- last year around this time i sent a friend an email saying that i wondered just how weird i would get given that i really only had one last tether to normalcy. the tether is gone and the question remains: how weird? i laugh every time i think about it.
- i’m psyched to get my nails done tomorrow.
- i don’t know, i’ve got a little longer for these musings.
My only concern about your current path is that you’ve mentioned granola twice in the last week or so.